Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sushi!!

Yesterday we started our insane mission to get fit and healthy. We have until Fathers Day weekend (some time in September) to get fit enough to do the Breakaways Bolt (a local event here. It's basically a long, hard, hot walk/run or ride. We are going to walk it) and next year we are going to look into getting into mountain biking. We would love to do swimming of some sort but it's just not an option here so biking it is. So we've cleared out the house of all nicotine, alcohol and sugary goodness and filled it with healthy alternatives. I spend my days preparing healthy meals and snacks, and researching healthy lifestyle tips and hints. Hooray!

We do at least an hour of exercise a day, the exercise depends on MR's work schedule. The days he works 8am-4pm, we go for a walk in the afternoons. The days MR works 12pm-7pm we go for either a swim at the local pool (weekdays only) or we go for a walk. The days he works all day (8am-7pm) we go for a walk in the evening. So far we have two tracks mapped out. For the first two weeks we are doing a 1.3km trek around our 'block.' It's up and down random hills the entire way so it's a really good workout for us unfit people. After two weeks we are going to double that for a month or so. Then we are going to start doing the insane loop. 4.35kms of constant steep climbs and decents. Yuck. It's not like it's ever cool here, so doing this in 35 degree C+ heat, so it'll be sure to burn the calories.

We are both keeping track of certain things we want to track using Sparkpeople and I'm loving it so far. I love that I can track all my foods, stick to a calorie plan (easier than I thought it'd be), and talk to other people in the same situation as me. Hooray!

This afternoon I made sushi. Because I miss my mum's chicken sushi, and I have some left over grilled chicken pieces that had to be used up, so I figured I might as well try sushi. I haven't eaten any of it yet because I haven't had dinner yet, so it'll probably be my lunch tomorrow. Either way, it looks good in my opinion.

Chicken and cucumber pieces



Pretty.

I decided against putting the wasabi on it because I'm kind of scared of it, but I still have it sitting in the pantry so I may use it eventually when I feel the urge to try something new.
Tonights dinner is ham steak, pineapple and potato bake because I'm craving something crazy, and I'm still in my calorie limit with room left for desert, so I'm happy. :D I feel great at this point. I haven't had a cigarette for two days, and no alcohol either and I'm not crazy insane yet. Maybe this will be what I needed all along? Wish me luck?

0 comments:

Post a Comment