Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I made cupcakes! Because I am awesome like that.

Ok, so maybe they aren't he healthiest option, but I'm determined not to eat them all in one sitting, and they aren't destroying my daily calorie levels, so yay! The reason I made them is because I spent an hour scrubbing the oven, the walls and the benchtops of the years worth of grease, dust and animal fur that was stuck to them so I felt like baking something horribly bad for me as a reward.

The mix is actually a vanilla cake mix, but I prefer my cakes in cupcake form, so that's how I made them.

Warm and smelling wonderful, straight from the oven.

On one of my Christmas presents from MR, my awesome huge cooling rack.

This is the only way I know how to test is something is cooked on the inside. I've tried poking with various objects for the clean test, but they ALWAYS come out clean, so I just rip apart and eat. Foolproof!

I decorated, because I'm a dork. I need to come up with new ways of decorating...


So I actually did go over my calories today, but that's because I'm currently drinking the largest glass of coke on the planet. This is because we have made a kind of rule not to throw anything out. If it can't be kept it must be consumed (either by us, the animals or given away). Seeing as we really have no friends, and the animals can't have coke, we decided as a treat for ourselves we'd drink the coke tonight, seeing as it's Saturday and we are bumming around at home. We also skipped our walk today but that was due to some legal crap we had to deal with. By the time MR got home and had filled me in on what was going on, I just wanted to eat and do nothing.

Dinner was supposed to be a crustless veggie quiche. But after the news this evening I decided that comfort food was better, so I made noodle pie. It's still healthy enough, it just lacks the veggies that the quiche would have had. Oh well.


If you are wondering why I don't post recipes with my food, it's because I don't use them. I guestimate and it turns out different every time, but it somehow always works. Weird, but oh well. Noodle pie is just a couple of bowls of Fantastic Noodles Chicken Flavour, about four eggs, ham, cheese, random herbs and spices (I used chicken seasoning, chives, onion powder, salt and pepper tonight) all thrown in a dish lined with pastry. I usually use frozen puff pastry sheets but I didn't have any so I used fillo. Which I'll probably do from now on as it's much lighter and not so buttery (which is yummy, but not good for my butter cravings).

Tomorrow is MR's only day off for the week so we are going to have a relaxing day doing not much of anything. Even though there are LOTS of things that need doing around the house, MR won't be doing any of them. He takes his days off seriously. Sunday's are WOW and EVE days. I'll throw food at him randomly and meet him in the bedroom at bed time. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment